Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Walkabout in Georgetown

Took the opportunity to snap some photos as Monday was replacement holiday for Saturday's Governor's Birthday. Haven't really got the chance to do this as weekends are normally spent for family matters and cycling.With my daughter off to kindy, I can slowly take my time to do my shots. Hubby is my driver for the day ( studying "pakthology" at the same time ...hahaha ). Here are some shots of the place we seldom get to see... I didn't even noticed the monument in front of the High Court before this!

Close-up view of The Three Patriots Statue

Who are The Three Patriots ?
Entrance of the Memorial Centre builiding
Menara Centennial Methodist, Madras Lane. Just loved the dark grey and tall structures. Simple yet majestic.
Chinese Methodist church, located just next to Menara Centennial Methodist
SRJK(C) Hu Yew Seah - Almost 100 years of history
Logan Memorial opposite Penang High Court - I never noticed this structure before until now ! Tribute to the contributions of James Richardson Logan Some of the inscriptions on the biography have been eroded Another view of the memorial
Fort Cornwallis -
Ready for action ... but I think cannot fire lah the cannon :) The infamous Queen Victoria Memorial Clocktower near the Langkawi bound jetty
More photos of Penang's Heritage places to come as I'm planning for a photography outing with my friend, Swee Fang.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shots, like the first one. Feels like wider than 18mm???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro. Taken at 24 mm. Too bad cannot enter the building. I'm sure there are some interesting subjects inside. I'll go back again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete