Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Live your photography dreams !

Photography has long been my interest since I was young. I'm always intrigued and mesmerised whenever I see a good photo. But I don't have the money then to invest in a SLR ( no DSLR yet back then) . How could I possibly ask my dad for money to buy one when he has to feed his 4 kids and wife? My first camera I remembered very well the first camera that I bought with my own money. It was an Olympus compact film camera and cost me RM 120. Served me very well and was a constant companion to all the events that I attended. Our family's first digital camera When I was in uni, brother decided to get a digital compact camera - we got the Nikon Coolpix 4300 costing RM 1800 ( that's a lot of money then.... ). We sure have lots of fun snapping photos with it since it's digital... don't need to develop all the photos. I was using that camera to photograph the development of my daughter since she was - 4 months old ( yes, since she was still in my tummy ), her birth and till 3 +...good old cam...but my daughter is running faster than the shutter speed each day !! Good excuse to upgrade :) My own compact digital camera Well, actually I have been eyeing the Nikon D90 then but felt the price of RM 4k was way over my budget ... not only that, where am I gonna find the time to juggle life as a mother and photographer ?? So I bought the Nikon Coolpix S640... just so that I can continue photographing my daughter's childhood memories ... My DSLR life begins... My brother, seeing that I'm so interested in DSLR loaned me his D80 to explore and I began to fell in love again with the capability of DSLR to take photos the way I want them to be. Thanks bro... If it had not been you who help "poisoned" me, I would't have made the decision to get the D90 ( besides the the RM 600+ price drop factor ). So now, my photography dream has became a reality. So my advice to all budding dSLR photographers out there who are still thinking of settling for compact instead of DSLR, please please, don't do that. You will end up regretting... just like me ... Live life with passion.... Who knows, you might have that hidden talent. p/s : The Nikon S640 has since found new owners ...my parents... to take over Coolpix 4300's job of accompanying them to holiday tours... They need to keep up with technology too !

No comments:

Post a Comment