Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cycling...my other passion

Cycling has also been my long time hobby. Our family bicycle, a Raleigh, serve us for a good 12 + years before being retired. I started re-indulging in cycling again in December 2008, my first event being the Fellowhip Ride 2008. There's this sense of freedom when you ride, breathing in the crisp morning air. Feels like a bird soaring in the air... I had my first offroad mountain biking event experience in the "unforgetable" Kayuhan Warisan Taiping 2009 a.k.a KAWAT 2009 . My younger sis, Ann, accompanied me to this event...just in case I didn't make it out in one piece :) Thanks sis. Those who went to this event will surely remember it well... Sad to say, my poor horse suffered serious injuries due to the poorly planned riding terrain . Most of the participants will describe it as a hiking trail rather than a mountain biking trail... with almost 40 degrees hill climb with lots of tree roots ( ??? ). I was sticking to a pack of cyclists which includes a 70 years old Malay uncle... was so worried he might suffered a heart attack in the middle of the jungle !! Thank God we all made it out safely although we only managed to complete 2 out of the 4 checkpoints . I am grateful though for the experience gained from this event... it made me a stronger rider physically and technically ... I still can't combine cycling and photography for now like Adi Harriman . Before the ride...
After the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment